Here it is, FourFourTwo’s second annual Asia 50, a comprehensive list of the greatest Asian footballers currently performing on some of the biggest stages around the globe.
Once again we've scoured every football league imaginable in a quest to discover the absolute pinnacle of Asian footballing talent.
FourFourTwo’s global network of football pundits, including ex-professional PJ Roberts, acclaimed columnists John Duerden, Scott McIntyre and Paul Williams, plus editorial teams in Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore all came together to help create our final list.
In total, players from 23 different nations competing in 32 separate leagues were part of an initial list of 136, which was then cut down to our final 50.
Below we will be adding links to all the content we’ve produced, including exclusive interviews, Talentspotters and career highlights of all 50 players, which will be updated each day.
Have we got it right? Jump on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #FFTASIA50 and let us know your thoughts. And keep coming back as we count down to No.1!
- Asia 50: How footballers can flourish in the face of war
- Shinji Kagawa: Over-hyped or under-appreciated?
- Chinese football: Where is it now?
- No.50: Chanathip Songkrasin, Thailand
- No,21: Theerathon Bunmathan, Thailand
- No.19: Zheng Zhi, China
- No.12: Mat Ryan, Australia
- No.3: Ki Sung-Yueng, South Korea
- No.1: Shinji Okazaki, Japan
A close look at the young stars setting world football alight