Wanderers striker cleared for Victory clash despite police charge
Bulut was dropped from the line-up for Wednesday’s 3-2 win over Melbourne City after he was allegedly part of a group involved in a verbal altercation with McDonald’s staff the night before.
The player presented to Auburn police station and was given conditional bail. He is due to appear in Burwood Local Court on April 7.
A statement from Wanderers on Thursday said it made the decision not to extend the 23-year-old's suspension.
“Kerem will be eligible to play in this Friday night's match after he was stood down from playing in last night's match against Melbourne City," Wanderers chief executive John Tsatsimas stated.
"The due process in place from a legal perspective will be respected and the club will be refraining from making any further comment until all facts are ascertained and investigations are complete.
"We will continue to work with Football Federation Australia, the relevant authorities, Kerem and his management throughout this time and can make no additional commentary until the matter comes to a resolution."
Bulut, who was charged with gang-related crimes in 2010, spent almost five seasons abroad in the Czech Republic and Turkey before seeking a fresh start in Australia.
He has played just two matches for the struggling Wanderers, scoring a brace on debut in last month’s Sydney derby.
The Wanderers are working through a horror fixture pileup and return to the pitch against the highly-rated Victory just 48 hours after securing their first home win of the season.
Football Federation Australia told The World Game it backed the club’s handling of the incident.
"FFA has been informed by Western Sydney Wanderers of an incident involving Kerem Bulut and the subsequent action by NSW Police," an FFA spokesperson said.
"FFA supports the steps taken by the club in this matter and will await further advice from the club."