Rare goals for Fabio Borini and Rickie Lambert earned Liverpool a fourth win in five games, and extended Aston Villa's miserable run without a goal.
Borini's second league goal for the Reds came midway through the first half when he stabbed home a Jordan Henderson cross, before Lambert finished off from a Raheem Sterling pass to wrap up the points for Brendan Rodgers' side.
Villa's latest game without scoring sees their barren streak crawl to a fifth game, and a sixth in their last seven Premier League matches.
- Fabio Borini scored his first league goal for Liverpool since April 2013 (6-0 win vs Newcastle).
- Raheem Sterling now has as many Premier League assists as he managed last season (5).
- 4 of Rickie Lambert’s last 5 Premier League have been scored away from home.
- Aston Villa have gone 5 games without scoring for the second time this season.
- Villa’s goal drought now stands at 522 minutes in the Premier League.
- Liverpool have lost just 1 of their last 17 Premier League visits to Villa Park (W11 D5).
- Aston Villa have scored just 5 goals in their last 16 Premier League home games against Liverpool.
- The Villans have won just 1 of the last 9 at Villa Park (D4 L4).