Opta's facts and stats from Stoke 2-0 West Brom, using Stats Zone...
Mame Biram Diouf's first ever Premier League brace helped Stoke to back-to-back Premier League wins for the first time this term, as the Potters triumphed 2-0 against West Brom.
Mark Hughes' men had failed to win consecutive top-flight games this season before West Brom's visit and, although the away side will count themselves unlucky not to have earned a share of the spoils, Diouf's second-half double proved decisive. The win puts further pressure on Alan Irvine, but the Baggies boss will feel unlucky; West Brom managed more attempts on goal (15-13) and matched Stoke almost exactly for passes (293 to WBA's 291) and possession (50.4% to WBA's 49.6%).
Diouf's double though was the key to the match, and West Brom's poor away record - just two wins from their last 12 - continues.
- West Brom have failed to score a first-half goal in nine of their last 11 Premier League games.
- Mame Biram Diouf netted his first Premier League brace in his 50th Premier League game.
- The Baggies have shipped two or more goals in each of their last three games and in nine of their last 13.
- Both of Erik Pieters’ Premier League assists this season have come for Diouf goals.
- West Brom have won just one of their 11 Premier League matches away from home between Christmas and New Year (W1 D3 L7).
- Stoke City have won seven and lost just one of the 11 Barclays Premier League meetings with West Brom.
- West Brom have won just two of their last 12 Premier League away matches (W2 D2 L8).
- The Baggies have scored just five goals in their last 11 Premier League away games and failed to score in seven of those matches.
- The Potters have kept consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time since September 2013.
- They have also kept clean sheets in their last two games after conceding in each of their 11 Premier League games before that.