ROME - Inter Milan striker Adriano is unlikely return to Italy after announcing last week he was taking a break from football, the Brazilian's agent has said.
"I don't think Adriano will return to Italy," Gilmar Rinaldi was quoted as saying by Friday's La Gazzetta dello Sport after meeting officials from the Serie A leaders this week.
The 27-year-old, who has suffered alcohol and personal problems, said last week he has lost the desire to play and would remain in Brazil to rethink his career.
Inter president Massimo Moratti said on Wednesday the club was considering cancelling Adriano's contract, which runs until the end of next season.
AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani has played down media speculation linking the player with a move to Inter's city rivals.