ROME - AC Milan have made no decision on who will coach the Serie A club next season, owner Silvio Berlusconi said on Monday. With speculation mounting over the fate of current coach Carlo Ancelotti, the club said last week they would clarify the situation on Monday if they secured an automatic berth for next season's Champions League against AS Roma on Sunday. However, a 3-2 defeat means they can still miss out. "Milan have not chosen their coach yet," Italian Premier Berlusconi was quoted as saying on La Gazzetta dello Sport's website. "We promised again to sit around a table with Ancelotti at the end of the season and take decisions that will be good for Milan and for Ancelotti." Ancelotti is Serie A's longest serving manager having been appointed in 2001. He led Milan to Champions League triumphs in 2003 and 2007 but has captured only one league title, in 2004. Milan could miss out on direct qualification to the Champions League if they lose to fourth-placed Fiorentina next Sunday.
25 May 2009
Get FourFourTwo interviews, features and fun in your inbox every week. For free!
Thank you for registering for our Newsletter
We will send regular updates on the ongoing FourFourTwo updates to the email address you have supplied.