Ivory Coast: No plans to quit Nations Cup

ABIDJAN - Ivory Coast, a favourite to win the African Nations Cup, has no plans so far to quit the tournament following a gun attack on the Togolese national squad, an Ivorian official said on Saturday.

"For the moment, there is no decision to withdraw. It is a competition that has been planned by the Confederation of African Football and it will go ahead," said Anzouan Kacou, of the organising committee of the Ivorian Football Federation.

Kacou said the organisers were speaking to teams due to play in Angola's Cabinda region - Togo, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Burkina Faso.

He made his comments before news that two members of the Togo delegation had died from wounds suffered in Friday's gun attack on the Togo team bus in the Cabinda region.

NEWS: Cabinda to still host Nations Cup matches NEWS: Togo goalkeeper serious but stable NEWS: Minister - Togo pull out of Nations Cup NEWS: Manchester City - Adebayor coming home NEWS: Adebayor - Togo may quit Nations Cup NEWS: Togo to consult players over pullout NEWS: Organiser - Teams told not to travel by road NEWS: Blatter - FIFA has confidence in Africa NEWS: Jordaan - Gun attack will not affect World Cup NEWS: African chief seeks Angola security assurances NEWS: Two of Togo delegation die after ambush NEWS: Wenger - Nations Cup should continue NEWS: Nations Cup to continue despite Togo bus attack NEWS: Togo team bus machine-gunned by rebel soldiers NEWS: One killed, nine wounded in Togo bus attack NEWS: FIFA expresses sympathy for Togo team NEWS: Clubs seek assurances over players in Angola NEWS: Angola condemns Togo team attack

Follow the story as it develops on FFT's Twitter feed FFT's Africa Cup of Nations news section