MADRID - Real Madrid's attempt to have Cristiano Ronaldo's two-match ban temporarily lifted while the appeal was studied by the Spanish Sports Disciplinary Committee (CEDD) has been rejected, the club said on Friday.
Ronaldo was given a straight red card last weekend after breaking Malaga defender Patrick Mtiliga's nose with a flailing arm as the two tussled for a ball. He will miss the La Liga trip to play Deportivo La Coruna on Saturday.
The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) handed out a two-match ban earlier in the week and rejected Real's appeal. Real have now gone to the CEDD, who will study their appeal over the coming days, the club said.