Former Arsenal forward Jose Antonio Reyes could be set for a surprise return to England this summer, with Merseyside duo Everton and Liverpool reportedly interested in acquiring his services. The Spanish international - who has 21 caps for his country - left Arsenal, via a loan spell at Real Madrid, for Atletico Madrid in 2007 having made 69 league appearances for the Gunners. However, the former Sevilla star struggled to impress at the Vicente Calderon, and was shipped out on loan to Benfica last summer on a season-long deal, with the Lisbon giants also purchasing 25 percent of his playing rights. But reports in Spain and Portugal are now claiming that Benfica have offered just 4 million euros to buy the remaining 75 percent. And with Atletico uninterested in retaining Reyes, Merseyside rivals Everton and Liverpool are believed to be mulling over the possibility of bringing the out-of-favour forward back to Britain and helping him rejuvenate his drifting career. EVERTON FANS! Check FourFourTwo.com’s ever-expanding interviews archive for more stuff to read: Perfect XI Graeme Sharp What Happened Next? Norman Whiteside Plus Graeme Sharp on Weekend Wonders and Everton on Talentspotter LIVERPOOL FANS! Check FourFourTwo.com’s ever-expanding interviews archive for more stuff to read: Web Exclusives Ian Rush, Craig Johnston Q&A Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres One on One Michael Owen, Nicolas Anelka, Kevin Keegan Boy's A Bit Special Danny Guthrie Ask A Silly Question John Barnes, Peter Crouch, Luis Garcia, John Aldridge Perfect XI Jamie Carragher What Happened Next? Julian Dicks And Another Thing Being a Big Four fan Plus! Rate Liverpool players (and others) on Talentspotter
13 July 2009
Get FourFourTwo interviews, features and fun in your inbox every week. For free!
Thank you for registering for our Newsletter
We will send regular updates on the ongoing FourFourTwo updates to the email address you have supplied.