RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's Ronaldo underwent surgery on his broken left hand on Wednesday, his club Corinthians said in a statement. The team doctor said earlier this week that the striker was expected to be out for five to six weeks with the injury which he sustained in Sunday's 3-0 Brazilian championship defeat by Palmeiras. "Ronaldo is doing well and should be discharged from hospital on Thursday," the club statement said. Ronaldo has not played for Brazil since the last World Cup in 2006.
29 July 2009
Get FourFourTwo interviews, features and fun in your inbox every week. For free!
Thank you for registering for our Newsletter
We will send regular updates on the ongoing FourFourTwo updates to the email address you have supplied.