While you were sleeping, the football world was a stirring. But no matter, for FourFourTwo Singapore keeps you up to date with all the headlines while you were tucked up snug in bed overnight.
Arsenal: Midfielder Jack Wilshere has been ruled out for six weeks after suffering a hairline fracture of his left foot playing for England on Wednesday. The midfielder received lengthy treatment after a crunching tackle from Daniel Agger just 13 minutes in, but played almost an hour before being substituted.
England manager Roy Hodgson has subsequently offered his sympathies, adding his hope that the Arsenal midfielder will make a speedy recovery and join the rest of the English squad bound for the World Cup.
Manchester United: Javier Hernandez is set to undergo tests on a knee injury picked up in Mexico's clash with Nigeria on Wednesday. The 25-year-old was involved in a collision with goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama during the goalless draw and later confirmed he was suffering pain in his right knee.
Manchester City: Edin Dzeko has blasted Bosnia-Herzegovina coach Safet Susic for playing him in the loss against Egypt, claiming Susic knew that he was carrying an injury. The forward produced an ineffective performance on the night but was quick to direct his anger at his manager for failing to stick to a plan to substitute the 27-year-old at the interval.
Aston Villa: Manager Paul Lambert has conceded that winger Charles N'Zogbia is unlikely to feature this season due to an Achilles injury. The Frenchman picked up the problem while on a run in pre-season, but Lambert revealed that the chances of seeing the 27-year-old in action before May are looking increasingly unlikely.
Tottenham: Spurs striker Roberto Soldado says he would have returned to Spain by now if he was younger due to his difficult start to life in London. His winning goal against Cardiff City on Sunday was his first in the league in 2014, and he went on to say the strike had been a timely boost for both him and the club.
Newcastle United: Manager Alan Pardew has accepted a Football Association charge of improper conduct after his headbutt on David Meyler. The 52-year-old was fined £100,000 by Newcastle while being warned of his future behaviour, and the FA subsequently charged him.
Southampton: Luke Shaw reckons Southampton and England team-mate Adam Lallana is a sure bet to travel to Brazil for the FIFA World Cup later this year. "We know what talent Adam has and he proved it to the world (against Denmark)," he told the club's official website.
West Brom: The Football Association wanted Nicolas Anelka's five-match ban for his 'quenelle' gesture to be extended, it has been confirmed. An independent tribunal down the ban but the FA had been seeking a longer ban, based on the fact that Anelka denied the charge, is a prominent figure and his actions undermined the governing body's stance on discrimination of any kind.
Real Madrid: Rafael Varane is the best defender in the world, claims former coach Jose Mourinho. The Chelsea manager was glowing in praise of the Frenchman, amidst reports that the London club might try to orchestrate a reunion with a summer move for the defender.
Barcelona: New York Red Bulls striker Thierry Henry has said he would welcome former team-mate Carles Puyol to the MLS after the Spaniard revealed his intention to leave Barcelona. The 35-year-old has yet to decide where he will play next season, but the Frenchman feels Puyol's presence would be a boost for football in the United States.
Juventus: Club president Andrea Agnelli insists Paris Saint-Germain's reported interest in Paul Pogba is a "source of pride" for the club. It perhaps indicates a shift of power given France's largest club are trying to lure a player away from one of Italy's biggest, but Angelli was also stressed Juve would not let Pogba leave in the near future.
Inter Milan: President Erick Thohir has denied reports that they are interested in replacing coach Walter Mazzarri with Ajax boss Frank de Boer. Thohir expressing his admiration for De Boer last week, but insists he has not spoken with the former Netherlands international.
Stuttgart: Winger Timo Werner has signed a contract extension to keep him with the Bundesliga club until 2018. The Germany Under-19 international has established himself in the starting XI at the Mercedes-Benz Arena this season and celebrated his 18th birthday by penning a new deal with Thomas Schneider's side.
Vietnam: Defender Tran Dinh Dong has received a huge 28-match ban for breaking an opponent's leg in a domestic league match. Dong, who plays for Song Lam Nghe An, was handed the suspension and a fine of 20million VND (£568) for a foul on Hung Vuong An Giang midfielder Nguyen Anh Hung during their V-League clash.