Our green-and-blue pearl of a planet contains dozens of must-visit destinations. In our opinion, most of them are football stadiums. Here are the 100 finest on earth...
FourFourTwo's inaugural rundown of the finest football stadiums in the world brings you the 100 most must-visit destinations. Chosen in conjunction with our worldwide web of expert writers (and fans), it presents a century of super stadiums we'd all love to go to.
The list will be revealed over the course of the week. Below is an easy-access guide to the full gamut of #FFT100stadiums content - and feel free to have your say on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram.
- How we chose the list
- A brief history of football grounds, by Simon Inglis
- The greatest stadiums that never were
- Wembley: born of folly and almost destroyed after two years
- Who the hell is Santiago Bernabeu? Named stadiums explained
- Archibald Leitch: the man who invented the football stadium
- The 11 weirdest stadium names
- How to build a football stadium, by those who did
- Great lost grounds
- What's the biggest stadium in the world?
- The new stadiums being built and planned
- The world's most beautiful stadiums