Leicester 0-0 Sunderland: Which defender is an unlikely King of the Dribble?
The shares were spoiled on what was a particularly soggy afternoon at the King Power Stadium, with Leicester once again failing to find the net.
It was a match both teams looked desperate not to lose, with Leicester's Matty James and Sunderland's Steven Fletcher coming closest to troubling the scoresheet.
Leonardo Ulloa - an early-season sensation - has not scored since the 5-3 win over Manchester United back in September. He failed to find the target with any of his 3 shots in this match, but did at least also manage to create 5 goalscoring chances for teammates.
- Sunderland have won just two of their last 13 Premier League matches (won 2, drawn 7, lost 4).
- The Black Cats have never won away at Leicester in the Premier League, losing three and drawing two of their five visits.
- The Foxes' 0-0 draw with Sunderland ended a run of 55 league games without a goalless draw for the King Power Stadium side. Only Fulham (68) were on a longer run in the top four tiers.
- Surprisingly, the player to complete the most dribbles past opponents was Sunderland defender Santiago Vergini (3). He certainly fared better than Foxes forward Jamie Vardy, who successfully beat a man just once in six attempts.
- Leicester City have won none of their last seven Barclays Premier League matches (won 0, drawn 2, lost 5), failing to score in six of those games.
- Gus Poyet’s charges have themselves failed to score in five of their last eight Premier League games.
- The Black Cats have won four and lost none of the last six league meetings with Leicester City.