- FC Bayern have won each of their last six competitive matches against Braunschweig. In fact they haven't conceded in that last five of those games.
- The last meeting in Braunschweig was in the first round of the 2011/12 German Cup, when Bayern won 3-0 thanks to goals from Gomez, Schweinsteiger and Müller.
- Eintracht's last competitive win against Bayern was at home in the second round of the 1982/83 German Cup (2-0).
Braunschweig are unbeaten in their last five home games (W3, D2); their last defeat in their own stadium was on matchday 19 in a 2-1 loss to Borussia Dortmund.
- Bayern have failed to win any of their last three Bundesliga games (D1, L2).The last time they had a negative run like this in Germany's top flight was in August/September 2010 under manager Louis van Gaal.
- Eintracht Braunschweig (7 points, 8:7 goal record) have a better record over the last five Bundesliga games than FC Bayern (7 points, 8:8 goal record).
- The German record champions have now suffered two straight Bundesliga defeats without scoring a goal; that last happened to FCB 11 years ago (April 2003).
- The last time a league leader lost to the side at the foot of the table was exactly three years ago. On matchday 31 of the 2010/11 season, Gladbach beat Dortmund 1-0 and eventually achieved Bundesliga survival via the relegation play-offs.
- Bayern's last defeat against the side at the bottom of the table was over six years ago. Energie Cottbus won 2-0 at home against the Munich side on matchday 24 of the 2007/08 campaign.
- Pep Guardiola suffered his biggest competitive defeat as a manager in last week's 3-0 loss to Borussia Dortmund. His previous one was a 3-1 loss to Inter Milan as Barcelona boss in the Champions League in April 2010.