- Frankfurt have won just two of their last 17 Bundesliga meetings with Wolfsburg (D8, L7). On top of that, Eintracht have been victorious in only one of their
12 away games at the Wolves (D4, L7).
- Against no other current Bundesliga team have Eintracht collected fewer points on average than they have against Wolfsburg (0.83 per game).
- VfL are unbeaten in their last five home games (W3, D2). Their last defeat in their own stadium was a 6-1 thumping against Bayern in early March.
- Frankfurt have won just one of their last eight away games (D2, L5) – a 5-2 victory against Nürnberg on matchday 26. Eintracht have collected just one point from their last four games on the road – a 0-0 draw in Hoffenheim on matchday 32.
- Wolfsburg have scored in each of their last 27 league games. However, VfL haven't kept a clean sheet in their last 15 matches. They are both currently the longest runs in the league.
- Ivica Olic has had a hand in eight goals in his last eight Bundesliga games, scoring six and setting up the other two.
- Eintracht defender Carlos Zambrano won all seven of his challenges on
matchday 1, making him the outright league leader in that statistic.
- New VfL signing Aaron Hunt made 184 Bundesliga appearances for Bremen under current Frankfurt manager Thomas Schaaf (39 goals, 27 assists).
- While in charge of Werder, Thomas Schaaf inflicted both the heaviest home defeat and away defeat on Wolfsburg in their Bundesliga history (7-2 in Wolfsburg in 1999/2000, a 6-1 in Bremen in 2005/06).
- Sebastian Jung moved from Frankfurt to Wolfsburg during the summer. He made 115 BL appearances for the Eagles, scoring two goals and assisting a further 10.