- Bayern have won their last nine Champions League games in a row, setting a club record and matching the all-time Champions League record (set by Barcelona in 2002-03).
- Franck Ribery has created more goal-scoring chances without assisting a goal than any other player in the Champions League this season (15).
- In the last meeting between the two teams, Bayern scored three times from nine shots on target. CSKA managed just two shots on target with zero goals.
- CSKA have conceded at least one goal in each of their last eight Champions League matches, and 20 overall in that period – an average of 2.5 per game.
- Arjen Robben has scored (five) or assisted (four) nine goals in his last six Champions League appearances.
- Apart from David Beckham, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Franck Ribery are the only players in Champions League history to win 11 matches in a row. With Schweinsteiger ruled out for Moscow due to an ankle injury, only Ribery has a chance to surpass Beckham's record.
- Bayern Munich have registered 12 points from the first four Matchdays, equalling their best run in the group stages (2010/11).
- Alongside Viktoria Plzen, CSKA have conceded the most goals in this season's Champions League (12).
CSKA have also conceded the most headed goals (four).
- On the other hand, Bayern Munich have only conceded one goal in this season's campaign, fewer than any other team.