11 injury-prone players to avoid signing in Football Manager 2017
8. Darron Gibson (DM, CM)
Injury proneness rating: 19
Need to know: Irish midfielder Gibson suffered a host of injuries at former club Everton, before moving to Sunderland in January. The midfielder is blessed with some excellent attributes in FM 2017, but a pre-existing injury combined with 19 injury proneness and 5 natural fitness stats suggest he’s not worth his £7.5m valuation.
9. Giuseppe Rossi (ST)
Team: Celta Vigo (on loan from Fiorentina)
Injury proneness rating: 19
Need to know: Italian striker Rossi is another who has faced multiple cruciate ligament issues throughout his career, suffering his latest setback in April. As a result, the Fiorentina loanee is hindered with 19 injury proneness and 5 natural fitness stats in FM 2017, making him a tough signing to recommend.
10. Mauricio Pinilla (ST)
Injury proneness rating: 18
Need to know: The 33-year-old Chile international Pinilla has a well-documented history of injuries, although none have proved too detrimental in recent years. That said, the striker’s increasing age is also a factor in him suffering from 18 injury proneness and 5 natural fitness stats, attracting only the bravest of risk-takers.
11. Kwadwo Asamoah (WBL, LM, CM)
Injury proneness rating: 20
Need to know: Sporting 20 injury proneness and 4 natural fitness stats, Juventus’s Asamoah is the riskiest signing in FM 2017. His substantial valuation (£19m) contributes to the situation, although the gifted Ghanaian does live up to that price tag in most areas of his game. Unfortunately, his injury-plagued spell at the Italian giants serves as his biggest downfall.
More Football Manager 2017...
- The 11 best non-league signings to make in Football Manager 2017
- 6 key ways to improve your finances in Football Manager 2017
- 4 essential tips to get your squad fit and firing
- 7 ways to get the most out of Football Manager 2017 when you're short on time
- 8 signs you're addicted to Football Manager
- 10 of the best Football Manager 2017 release clauses you can't miss
- The 18 best coaches to snap up in Football Manager 2017
- 5 things you need to stop doing right now to win more matches on Football Manager 2017
- Explained: 7 ways to make sure you don’t miss Football Manager 2017's coveted wonderkids
- 10 of the best Football Manager 2017 youngsters you can grab for under £1m
- 8 brilliant Football Manager 2017 free transfers under the age of 23
- Quiz! What kind of Football Manager manager are you?
- Who are Football Manager 2017's 84 best wonderkids and why are they brilliant?
- What’s it like to scout for Football Manager? A Sports Interactive expert tells FFT
- 17 teams we can’t wait to be on Football Manager 2017
- Who to start with on Football Manager 2017? EVERY English league team's starting transfer and wage budget
- Football Manager 2017: Starting transfer and wage budgets in La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1
- Miles Jacobson: How we make Football Manager, the future – and where YOU come into it
- Football Manager 2017 review – definitely more than just a football game
- Football Manager 2017 tips: how to master the new game
- Remembered! The best Football Manager wonderkids of all time