Everton 2-2 Leicester: What have Leicester done less than any Premier League side this season?
Leicester City were denied a valuable win in their battle for Premier League survival as an 89th-minute own goal from Matthew Upson ensured Everton salvaged a 2-2 draw at Goodison Park. Two blunders by Tim Howard in a hapless performance were punished dearly, as Leicester responded to Steven Naismith's opener with goals from David Nugent and Esteban Cambiasso.
The Premier League's bottom side looked set to climb within two points of safety as a result, only to suffer late heartbreak as Upson inadvertently diverted a Romelu Lukaku header into his own net. Naismith put Everton in front after 57 minutes with a scuffed finish, but the game then turned on a brace of mistakes from Howard.
The USA keeper spilled a low cross to gift boyhood Everton fan Nugent a 63rd-minute equaliser and failed to deal with Danny Simpson's right-wing delivery in the build-up to Cambiasso's close-range strike seven minutes later.
Lukaku spurned a host of chances for Everton, but the Belgium forward ultimately came good as he met Christian Atsu's cross and saw his diving header brush off Upson to leave Mark Schwarzer with no chance.
- Both Everton and Leicester have scored one first-half goal in their last seven Premier League games.
- Eight of Steven Naismith’s last 11 Premier League goals have come at Goodison Park.
- Naismith scored four goals in his first PL season, five in his second and now six in his third campaign.
- Leicester have kept fewer clean sheets than any other team in the top flight this season (four).
- Two of David Nugent’s three Premier League goals this season have come on Merseyside.
- Everton have failed to win in five consecutive home PL games for the first time since October – December 2009.
- Leicester have scored more than one goal twice in their last 13 PL games - at Goodison Park and the 2-2 draw at Anfield.
- Leicester have conceded the last two PL own goals – Matthew Upson in this game and Wes Morgan against Manchester United.
- 21 PL games have ended 2-2 this season – there were 17 in the whole of 2013/14.
- Romelu Lukaku had nine shots (including blocks) without scoring – the joint-most in a PL game this season without finding the target (also Graziano Pellè v Stoke).
- Everton have dropped the most points from winning positions this season (17).