Facts: Which side has broken their Premier League passing record with 8 games to spare?
We are part of The Trust Project What is it?
- Man City have kept 3 successive clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time this season (May 2013 was the last time).
- Man City have now won the last 21 competitive matches that David Silva has scored in.
- Vincent Kompany’s red card (10 mins) was the quickest that Man City have been reduced to 10 men in a Premier League game since October 2010 (Boyata, 5 mins vs Arsenal).
- Man City have won all 3 of the Premier League games that Kompany has been sent off in.
- Man City attempted fewer dribbles than any other side in the PL this weekend (7).
- Cardiff have only scored 6 first-half goals in the Premier League this season (a league low).
- Cardiff have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 8 away league games.
- Only Steven Gerrard (7) has more assists from set-pieces than Peter Whittingham this season (5).
- Seamus Coleman is the top-scoring defender in the top flight this season with 6 goals.
- Everton (88%) had the best pass-completion rate in the Premier League this weekend.
- Ashkan Dejagah has scored 2 goals in 4 league appearances under Felix Magath; he scored just once in 32 before this.
- Lewis Holtby has contributed to as many goals for Fulham in 7 games (3: 1 goal, 2 assists) as he did in 24 for Tottenham Hotspur.
- Newcastle conceded only 6 fouls, their joint-lowest total in a PL game this season. They were also the only side not to pick up a yellow card.
- Daniel Sturridge (18) is the only Englishman to have scored more goals than Jay Rodriguez in the Premier League this season (12).
- Rickie Lambert scored just 1 minute and 6 seconds after coming off the bench; his goal was the fourth fastest by a sub in the PL this term.
- Norwich scored 2+ goals in only the fourth league game this season, and only the second away from home (2-0 vs West Brom in December).
- 13 of Andy Carroll’s 28 Premier League goals have been scored with a header (46%).
- West Ham conceded more goals in this match (3) than they had in their previous six combined (2).
- Stoke have completed more passes this season (8764) than in any of their previous 5 PL campaigns, despite them having 8 games left.
- Stoke had more shots on target than any other team in the PL this weekend (9).
- Sunderland have scored a joint-low 13 home goals this season, and have attempted just 47 shots on target at the Stadium of Light (a league low). They only notched 2 shots on target in this game.
- Vito Mannone has kept a clean sheet in 8 of his 18 Premier League games for Sunderland this season – the same number as opposing keeper Julian Speroni has kept in 29 games.
- Stéphane Sessegnon scored his first goal for 9 hours and 49 minutes in this match.
- Wilfried Bony has had a hand in 11 PL goals this season (9 goals, 2 assists) – 10 of which have been at the Liberty Stadium.
- West Brom came from behind to win in the PL for the first time in over a year (since March 9 2013).
- Youssouf Mulumbu made a league-high 6 interceptions this weekend.
- There have been 4 red cards given in the last two PL meetings between Chelsea and Aston Villa at Villa Park.
- Marc Albrighton assisted his first PL goal of the season with the 25th chance he’d created for his Aston Villa team-mates this season.
- Chris Foy is the only referee to give Chelsea two red cards in a single game on 2 separate occasions in the PL.
- Liverpool have scored 48 first-half goals in the Premier League this season, 2 more than Man United have in total.
- Man United’s only shot on target came in the 44th minute. This is the first time since May 2009 (vs Arsenal) that they've have registered fewer than 2 in a PL home game.
- Steven Gerrard has now scored more PL goals at Old Trafford than any other visiting player.
- Liverpool have now won 126 penalties in Premier League history, more than any other side.
- Man United conceded a penalty at Old Trafford in the PL for the first time since December 31 2011 (vs Blackburn).
- Liverpool took all three penalties awarded in the PL this weekend.
- Liverpool (90%) played a higher percentage of short passes than any other team in the PL this weekend.
- Liverpool made 37 tackles, more than any other side.
- Tottenham have kept just 1 clean sheet in their last 31 Premier League north London derbies (February 2009).
- Arsenal had only 1 shot in the second half.
- Lukas Podolski has completed 90 minutes only 3 times in 31 Premier League starts.
- Arsenal's total of 248 successful passes is the fewest they have managed in a PL game since 232 vs Spurs in February 2009.
- Arsenal sent in a league-low 3 crosses this weekend.
- Per Mertesacker’s total of 20 clearances is the most by an Arsenal player since the 2007/08 season.
- The Gunners made a PL-high 31 interceptions this weekend.
- Younes Kaboul played more unsuccessful passes than any other player in the PL this weekend (22).
Stats Zone, Hull City, Manchester City, Everton, Cardiff City, Fulham, Newcastle United, Southampton, Norwich City, Stoke City, West Ham United, Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Swansea City, West Bromwich Albion, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal, Premier League