Facts: Which top-four side broke a Premier League record this weekend?
We are part of The Trust Project What is it?
Chelsea 1-0 Everton
- Chelsea had 25 attempts in this game; only in the 0-0 with West Ham have they had more in the Premier League this season (39).
- Everton became the fourth away side to average over 50% possession at Stamford Bridge this season (Swansea, Man City, Man United).
- Chelsea had 6 shots in the last 7 minutes; Everton’s last shot came in the 67th minute.
- Leon Osman had both of Everton’s shots on target.
Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland
- Sunderland didn’t have a single attempt in the first half.
- Arsenal hit the target with 9 of their 10 attempted shots in this game (excluding blocked shot)
Cardiff 0-4 Hull
- After a run of 21 Premier League games without a goal, Nikica Jelavic has now scored 3 in his last 3.
- Cardiff have failed to score in 15 Premier League games this season; more often than any other team.
- Cardiff made 46 crosses (inc. corners, the most in the Premier League this weekend) but only 7 in open play reached a team-mate.
- Cardiff conceded only 4 fouls, fewer than any other side this weekend.
- Magnus Wolff Eikrem made 8 key passes.
Man City 1-0 Stoke
- Yaya Toure has now scored 13 league goals this season; as many as he managed in the last two Premier League campaigns combined.
- Toure has scored 13 goals from just 18 shots on target in the top flight this term.
- Aleksandar Kolarov collected his fifth assist of the campaign; no defender has got more in the Premier League this season (Pablo Zabaleta also has five).
- Stoke have failed to score in 7 of their last 12 league games against Man City, and just 1 goal in each of the other 5.
- David Silva attempted 90 passes in the opposition half and 67 in the final third.
West Brom 1-1 Fulham
- Fulham have only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 20 Premier League games, and none in their last 13 on the road.
- Fulham’s long-pass accuracy was only 26%, lower than any other Premier League side this weekend. They also played a higher proportion of their passes long than any other team (20%).
- West Brom made more launches (long balls into space) than any other side this weekend (53).
West Ham 3-1 Southampton
- Kevin Nolan has scored 6 goals and assisted 3 in his last 7 Premier League appearances.
- 23 of the 29 goals that Kevin Nolan has scored in the Premier League since the start of 2010/11 have been netted in home games (79%).
- Southampton have lost a league-high 15 points from winning positions this season.
- The Saints hit 13 shots off target, more than any other Premier League side this weekend.
- The Hammers attempted only 220 passes this weekend, fewer than any other side.
Crystal Palace 0-2 Man United
- Palace had 6 shots on target, more than Manchester United (5).
- United made only one flick-on this weekend, fewer than any other side.
- Mile Jedinak conceded 6 fouls, more than any other player this weekend.
- Michael Carrick completed 135 passes against Crystal Palace, more than any other player in a single game this season.
Liverpool 4-3 Swansea
- Daniel Sturridge is only the second player in Premier League history (after Ruud van Nistelrooy, twice) to score in 8 league games in a row. Van Nistelrooy holds the record, having scored in 10 successive Premier League games in 2003.
- Liverpool have broken the all-time Premier League record for first-half goals in a season (46).
- Luis Suarez now has the joint-most assists in the Premier League this season (9), as well as being top scorer (23).
- Liverpool have conceded 3+ goals in a Premier League home game for only the second time under Brendan Rodgers (1-3 to Villa in December 2012).
Newcastle 1-0 Aston Villa
- Newcastle scored their first Premier League goal for 7 hours and 30 minutes.
- The Magpies registered their highest number of shots on goal in this fixture (23), though only 5 hit the target.
- With that goal, Loic Remy (12) has doubled his tally from last season with QPR (6), having played 8 games more.
- Newcastle were caught offside 5 times, more than any other team this weekend.
- Benteke made 20 flick-ons, more than any other Premier League player this weekend.
Norwich 1-0 Tottenham
- Robert Snodgrass’s goal ended a run of 312 minutes for Norwich without scoring in the Premier League.
- It took 47 minutes for a shot to be registered on target in this match, which resulted in the goal from Snodgrass.
Stats Zone, Premier League, Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal, Sunderland, Cardiff City, Hull City, Manchester City, Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion, Fulham, West Ham United, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Manchester United, Liverpool, Swansea City, Newcastle United, Aston Villa, Norwich City, Tottenham Hotspur