The FourFourTwo Preview: Hull vs Liverpool
- Hull 0-1 Palace (Prem)
- So'ton 4-1 Hull (Prem)
- Hull 1-0 S'land (Prem)
- Spurs p2-2 Hull (LC)
- Spurs 1-0 Hull (Prem)
- Everton 3-3 Liverpool (Prem)
- Liverpool 4-0 Fulham (Prem)
- Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool (Prem)
- Liverpool 4-1 WBA (Prem)
- Newcastle 2-2 Liverpool (Prem)
Last time out, Steve Bruce's side got another somewhat fortuitous red card in their favour, but failed to beat 10-man Crystal Palace – worrying: not just a fixture expected to yield three points towards the necessary total, but a win handed to a potential relegation rival. For although that Hammers home win had Hull 7th in the table, they are now 13th and only above the drop line by four points – equivalent to their harvest from the past two months.
Player to watch: Jon Flanagan (Liverpool)
LAST FIVE MEETINGS
- Hull 0-0 L'pool (Prem, May 10)
- L'pool 6-1 Hull (Prem, Sep 09)
- Hull 1-3 L'pool (Prem, Apr 09)
- L'pool 2-2 Hull (Prem, Dec 08)
- L'pool 4-2 Hull (LC, Sep 99)
Facts and figures
- 75% (18/24) of the goals Liverpool have scored have been netted in the first half of games this season, the highest proportion in the English top flight.
More facts at FFT's Hull vs Liverpool Stats Zone page
Tips and trends
- Hull have kept 4 clean sheets in their 6 home games this season, with 5 of those 6 games providing less than 2 goals.
- City have opened the scoring on 4 occasions in their 6 home games.
- In their last stint in the Premier League, Hull lost 8 of 10 home games against top-six sides.
- Liverpool are the second-highest scorers in the league with Sturridge and Suarez providing 75% of their 24 goals.
- As a result there have been at least 3 goals in 16 of Liverpool’s previous 19 away games with 10 of their last 14 providing 4 or more.
Find the best odds with Bet Butler