Cudicini to undergo surgery after accident
The Premier League club said the 36-year-old had been moved to a private hospital.
"We have leading specialists looking after Carlo and once surgery is complete and his recovery is underway, we will have a clearer idea of how many weeks he will be out," head of medical services Wayne Diesel told the club's website.
Manager Harry Redknapp added: "We are all sorry to hear about what has happened to Carlo. We are just relieved the injuries he sustained in the accident weren't more serious.
"Everyone at the club sends their best wishes and we hope he recovers soon."
Cudicini was injured after his BMW motorcycle was in a collision with a Ford Fiesta car in Walthamstow, close to Tottenham's White Hart Lane stadium, on Thursday.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said his injuries could be "life-changing".
Cudicini, who was with Chelsea for 10 years, arrived at Tottenham on a free transfer in January but has spent most of his time on the bench after failing to dislodge first-choice Heurelho Gomes.