MILAN - Inter Milan are considering cancelling Adriano's contract after the Brazil striker announced he was taking a break from football, club president Massimo Moratti said on Wednesday. Adriano, who has suffered alcohol and personal problems, said last week that he had lost the desire to play and would remain in Brazil to rethink his career. The 27-year-old has one year left on his contract with the Serie A champions and his agent, who has said the forward could return to the club, is in Milan to talk with officials. "Cancelling the contract may be one of the solutions," Moratti told reporters before rejecting suggestions Inter could have done more to help Adriano. "We've done everything necessary but now the player is not guaranteeing what he is paid to do." Media reports have linked Adriano with a move to city rivals AC Milan and Moratti said he would have no objection if Inter released him. "We can't deny anyone their freedom," he said.
15 April 2009
Get FourFourTwo interviews, features and fun in your inbox every week. For free!
Thank you for registering for our Newsletter
We will send regular updates on the ongoing FourFourTwo updates to the email address you have supplied.