MILAN - Juventus will play Sunday's Serie A game at home to Atalanta behind closed doors after they lost an appeal against a stadium ban, the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) said late on Thursday. The ban was originally handed down by the Italian League after Juve supporters racially abused Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli in a 1-1 draw in Turin last month. The club won a temporary injunction against the sanction but CONI said on Thursday in a statement it had rejected their appeal after examining further evidence. Juve confirmed on their website that Sunday's game with Atalanta was the match affected. Third-placed Juve are already out of the title race, with leaders Inter Milan likely to wrap up the scudetto this weekend. Claudio Ranieri's side are only three points above fourth-placed Fiorentina with three games left as they chase the third automatic Champions League berth. Fourth place seals a spot in the Champions League qualifying round.
15 May 2009
Get FourFourTwo interviews, features and fun in your inbox every week. For free!
Thank you for registering for our Newsletter
We will send regular updates on the ongoing FourFourTwo updates to the email address you have supplied.