Porto coach hit with touchline ban
Ferreira's appeal against a two-match ban for gestures he made to the referee during the first leg of Porto's first knockout round tie against Atletico Madrid in February has been only partially upheld, UEFA said on Tuesday.
"The Appeals Body established that the conduct of the Porto coach was in breach of the principles of sportsmanship," a statement said on UEFA's website. "The verdict takes account of his unblemished disciplinary record.
"As a result, FC Porto's appeal has been partially upheld. Ferreira has been suspended for two UEFA club competition matches, but the suspension for the second match has been deferred for a probationary period of two years."
Ferreira's appeal meant he was able to take his place on the touchline at Old Trafford last week when Porto earned a 2-2 draw in the first leg that gives them a great chance of reaching the semi-finals.
Porto were also fined 25,000 euros ($33,000) after their fans threw missiles and fireworks in the Vicente Calderon Stadium in Madrid and for the late submission of their team sheet.