Premier League reports

Brief reports of Premier League matches played on Saturday: ARSENAL 1 WIGAN ATHLETIC 0 Emmanuel Adebayor scored his first goal since the end of October and took his tally to 10 for the season, putting Arsenal ahead after 16 minutes when he reacted first to a loose ball in the box after Wigan failed to clear a corner. He went close to doubling Arsenal's lead just before halftime but saw a well-struck 20-metre shot tipped onto the post by goalkeeper Chris Kirkland while Denilson also hit the post for Arsenal in the second half. BLACKBURN ROVERS 1 LIVERPOOL 3 Liverpool stayed top of the table and increased the pressure on Rovers manager Paul Ince whose side have gone 10 league matches without a win, their worst run for 12 seasons. The breakthrough came after 69 minutes when Xabi Alonso scored with a mis-hit shot that bounced into the ground and left goalkeeper Paul Robinson floundering. Yossi Benayoun made it 2-0 10 minutes later and, although Roque Santa Cruz headed Rovers back in the game after 86 minutes, Steven Gerrard sealed the points in stoppage time. Blackburn's Morten Gamst Pedersen went close to scoring for the home side after 30 minutes but saw his rasping drive pushed on to the bar by Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina. BOLTON WANDERERS 0 CHELSEA 2 Chelsea broke Tottenham Hotspur's 48-year-old record of 10 successive away league wins with their 11th victory. Nicolas Anelka scored with a glancing header off the post against his old club to put Chelsea ahead after nine minutes and Deco doubled the score with a spectacular bicycle kick from the edge of the box after 21 minutes. Bolton battered Chelsea for most of the second half but the London side held out to take the points and stay one behind Liverpool at the top of the table. FULHAM 1 MANCHESTER CITY 1 Jimmy Bullard scored his first league goal of the season as Fulham came from behind to draw for the third successive match and stretch their unbeaten run to five. Bullard scored with a scorching cross-shot after 27 minutes to cancel out City's early goal, headed home by Benjani Mwaruwari after seven minutes. Fulham pressed forward for a late winner with Bullard forcing Joe Hart into a fine save from a free kick, but City stood firm to avoid a fifth away defeat. HULL CITY 2 MIDDLESBROUGH 1 There was an astonishing climax at the KC Stadium where Middlesbrough went ahead through Tuncay Sanli after 79 minutes but still ended up losing. Hull, whose bright start to their first season in the top flight had floundered after six matches without a win, pulled level three minutes later when they scored with an own goal off Boro keeper Ross Turnbull. Marlon King sealed the win when he scored from a penalty after Boro's David Wheater was sent off five minutes from time for tripping Geovanni. MANCHESTER UNITED 1 SUNDERLAND 0 Manchester United battered Sunderland into submission at Old Trafford, creating 22 chances compared to none for the visitors -- but they had to wait until the dying minutes to find the net. The only goal came in stoppage time when Michael Carrick's deflected shot hit the post and Nemanja Vidic pounced on the rebound to crash the ball into the empty net with his left foot. United have lost just once in their last 20 matches in all competitions and remain six points behind leaders Liverpool with a game in hand. NEWCASTLE UNITED 2 STOKE CITY 2 Newcastle appeared to be coasting to victory after Michael Owen scored twice in the opening 24 minutes to put them firmly in control against the visitors who had taken just two points from their previous seven away matches. Jonas Gutierrez set up Owen for the first goal with a fine pass, while Obafemi Martins squared for the Owen to score with a simple finish for the second. Stoke reduced the arrears in the 60th minute when Mamady Sidibe scored after good work by Ricardo Fuller and they equalised seconds from time through Abdoulaye Faye. Newcastle coach Joe Kinnear was ordered from the dugout after Stoke's equaliser meant Newcastle have drawn their last four games.