Premier League reports

LONDON - Brief reports of English Premier League games played on Monday and over the weekend: Played on Monday EVERTON 0 CHELSEA 0 Chelsea's 11-game winning run of away league games was ended, probably due to the 34th-minute sending off of captain John Terry for a bad tackle on Leon Osman. Chelsea had been on top, without looking dangerous, until then but spent most of the second half on the defensive as Everton gradually cranked up the pressure, only to find goalkeeper Petr Cech able to keep out their best efforts. The result left Chelsea second in the league, behind Liverpool, while Everton have now gone 21 games without beating the Londoners. Played on Sunday ARSENAL 1 LIVERPOOL 1 An outstanding match at the Emirates Stadium ended in a 1-1 draw after Arsenal were reduced to 10-men following the 62nd minute dismissal of striker Emmanuel Adebayor who raised an elbow to Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa. Arsenal went ahead after 24 minutes when Robin van Persie scored with an unstoppable shot after superbly controlling Samir Nasri's long through ball. Liverpool equalised shortly before halftime when Robbie Keane lashed home a shot on the run after a perfect through ball from Arbeloa. NEWCASTLE UNITED 2 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 1 Substitute Damien Duff scored Newcastle's winner in the last minute to lift the Magpies up to 12th after Tottenham appeared to have done enough to continue their own improvement with a point at St James' Park. Charles N'Zogbia gave Newcastle the early lead when he punished some slack Spurs defending after 12 minutes before Luka Modric equalised for Spurs after beating the Newcastle offside trap and firing past Shay Given in the 29th minute. WEST BROMWICH ALBION 2 MANCHESTER CITY 1 West Brom remained bottom despite winning in the league for the first time since Oct.4 thanks to Roman Bednar's headed winner in stoppage time. The Baggies went ahead after 69 minutes when Luke Moore scored, but City, who have slipped into the relegation zone after a poor run, appeared to have saved a point four minutes from time when Felipe Caicedo's back-heel hit a post and rebounded off keeper Scott Carson for an own goal. Played on Saturday BLACKBURN ROVERS 3 STOKE CITY 0 A flying start for new manager Sam Allardyce as Rovers claimed only their second home win of the season. A Benni McCarthy penalty put them ahead after nine minutes, Jason Roberts got the second in the 18th and McCarthy the third in the 27th after a Roberts shot was parried by Steve Simonsen. It was all a bit hard on Stoke, who had played most of the football, but the goals allowed Blackburn to relax. BOLTON WANDERERS 2 PORTSMOUTH 1 Bolton grabbed two almost identical goals in the first three minutes but ended up hanging on. Both Bolton goals came from Kevin Davies knockdowns and were well finished by former Portsmouth favourite Matt Taylor and Ricardo Gardner. Portsmouth hit back through Peter Crouch after 20 minutes. FULHAM 3 MIDDLESBROUGH 0 Fulham took their unbeaten run to seven games and ended a streak of four consecutive draws. In a poor first half the main talking point was a bad tackle on Andy Johnson by Julio Arca which had the Fulham bench in uproar but brought only a yellow card. Johnson recovered to help Jimmy Bullard bundle Fulham into the lead towards the end of the first half. A harsh penalty for handball enabled Danny Murphy to make it 2-0 and Clint Dempsey got the third after 59 minutes. HULL CITY 1 SUNDERLAND 4 Hull's dire home form continued to dog them as their goals-against tally at the KC Stadium reached 19 in nine games after Sunderland hit four for the second match in a row. Sunderland led when Steed Malbranque crashed in a 25-metre shot after 10 minutes but Nick Barmby levelled in the 19th with his first goal of the season. The visitors took charge in the second half with a Kamil Zayatte own goal, Kenwyne Jones's header and a breakaway strike by Djibril Cisse. Hull's Sam Ricketts was sent off with nine minutes to go. WEST HAM UNITED 0 ASTON VILLA 1 Villa rode their luck to secure their first win at Upton Park for 12 years. The visitors had the best of the first half but West Ham came back strongly, only to waste half a dozen decent chances. The struggling hosts paid the price 12 minutes from time when a James Milner cross looped in off defender Lucas Neill.