FFT Jetsetters – Who are Southeast Asia's Biggest Football Exports?
There was plenty of debate, cajoling, maybe even the odd tear, but we finally produced our list of Southeast Asia's Biggest Exports.
It's not just about players that spent long, glorious careers in Europe's top leagues - although a certain Filipino listed below did just that.
It was also about unearthing some of the stories you may not have heard, such as a renowned Malaysian who was told to change his name when he reached Australia in the 1970s.
We also wanted to turn the spotlight back on the region and ask the question - why haven't more Southeast Asian talents tried their luck away from home?
The result is a fascinating series of stories and this is the home of it all, right here. So read on...
- The list: FFT's biggest exports in Southeast Asian football history
- Paulino Alcantara: Barca's Filipino goal-machine who paved the way for Messi
- Southeast Asian Regrets: Local football legends that didn't move abroad
- Higher Calling: 10 Southeast Asian players too good to play at home
- James Wong: Malaysia's forgotten superstar once told to change his name
- No excuses: Lack of Southeast Asians abroad nothing short of woeful
- Fandi Ahmad exclusive interview: Looking at his legendary European stint
- FFT comments: Why isn't Zico coaching overseas?
- Once upon a time in Europe: Why SEA's best striker failed in Spain
- Future stock – which Southeast Asian players could make an impact in the future? - COMING SOON!