Here it is, FourFourTwo's 20 Under-20: Southeast Asia's Wonder Kids
Not surprisingly, the region's current standout nation Thailand has a healthy representation on our list, while players from Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, Laos and Australia also make the cut.
And yes, for those who will ask the question on social media it's worth a reminder, Australia is officially part of both the Asian Football Confederation and the ASEAN Football Federation, making them more than worthy of a place on this list.
These 20 talented teens are presented in no particular order, but all are expected to emerge as stars for club and country.
Indeed, some of them are already there...
Our list of the best:
- FourFourTwo's Southeast Asian 20 Under-20, Part I
- FourFourTwo's Southeast Asian 20 Under-20, Part II
As part of this series, we picked out players with some of the best stories and had a one-on-one chat to hear about their journeys so far and their future aspirations:
- Alex Gersbach – The Champions League Aussie
- Suphachai Chaided – The Versatile War Elephant
- Pandi Lestaluhu – From a tiny village to the big time
- Irfan Fandi – Handling his heavy burden
- Phathana Phommathep – Laos' most talented kid ever
- Dominic Tan – The Malaysian defender dreaming big
- Faiq Bolkiah – Brunei's powerful prince
What heights can these youngsters reach? What leagues should they be aiming for? And should Singapore be concerned about a lack of talent?
All will be revealed later this week in these features:
- First stop, Asia. Next stop, the World Cup? How far can our 20 U-20 go?
- Hey, FFT's 20 Under-20 – Grab your passports and get outta here!
- 20 Under-20: Warning bells abound over Singapore's sombre situation