Everton give new deals to Calvert-Lewin, Holgate & Kenny
Everton have confirmed new contracts have been signed by young trio Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Mason Holgate and Jonjoe Kenny.
The trio have all been heavily involved for the Toffees in all competitions this season, making 29 Premier League starts between them.
Calvert-Lewin, who had signed a new five-year contract in May, has agreed a further one-year extension that keeps him at Goodison Park until 2023.
Defenders Kenny and Holgate, meanwhile, have agreed new contracts that run to the end of June 2022, much to the delight of new Everton manager Sam Allardyce.
"We're delighted that these young men have committed long-term to the club and there's no doubt in my mind that they will play big roles at Everton for a long time to come," said Allardyce.
"The depth of young talent in our squad is very encouraging, a clear sign that we do things right as a club in our development of young players and Mason, Jonjoe and Dominic epitomise what we are trying to accomplish with young players here at Everton."
— Everton (@Everton) December 14, 2017
A second new contract of the year caps a stunning 2017 for Calvert-Lewin, who scored the winning goal for England in their Under-20 World Cup final victory over Venezuela in June.
The 20-year-old, who has scored six goals in 28 Everton appearances in all competitions so far this season, praised the impact of Wayne Rooney on his rapid progress.
"It's an exciting time to be here and, for me, learning from players such as Wayne Rooney couldn't be better for my ongoing development,” said Calvert-Lewin.
"With a few other young lads also coming through at the moment, it's good because we're all pushing one another.
"I feel like I’ve improved a lot in a short space of time and I'm still looking to keep improving and getting better. That's what I’m working on day in, day out.
"It's nice to be rewarded and to be enjoying my football and it is a proud day for me and my family."