- Against no other current Bundesliga side have SC Freiburg collected as many points at home on average as they have against Gladbach (2.15 per game). They have won each of their last five home meetings with Borussia.
- Gladbach have won just two of their last 11 competitive games against Freiburg (D3, L6). They have netted just seven goals in their last 10 BL games against SCF, failing to find the back of the net in five of those matches.
- Freiburg have won four of their last five Bundesliga home games – the 2013/14 season finale is their only home defeat in that timeframe (2-0 against Schalke). The most recent of those four wins was against today's opponents from Gladbach (4-2).
- Streich's men have lost their last three top-flight games and have been waiting four Bundesliga games for a win (one draw). The last time Freiburg lost four BL games in a row was between February and March 2011.
- Borussia have collected 14 of a possible 18 points from their last six Sunday games. However, Gladbach's only win from their last five away matches on a Sunday came against Schalke (1-0, otherwise D1, L3).
- Max Kruse made 34 BL appearances for Freiburg in 2012/13 (11 goals, 8 assists). He has missed the first three competitive fixtures of the season and a potential appearance against his former club is doubtful.
(Correct ahead of the Europa League play-off match vs. Sarajevo)
- In Roman Bürki and Yann Sommer, two of the goalkeepers battling for the number 1 spot in the Switzerland national team will go head to head. Freiburg's Admir Mehmedi and Gladbach's Granit Xhaka also took part at the World Cup with Switzerland.
- New Gladbach signing Andre Hahn could make his 50th Bundesliga appearance during the match in Freiburg. He scored 12 goals in 48 matches for Augsburg, before making his debut for Borussia during their 1-1 draw with Stuttgart on matchday 1.
- On 20th September 2009, SC Freiburg won 4-0 against a Hertha Berlin side coached by Lucien Favre. It remains the current Gladbach manager's biggest home defeat in the Bundesliga.