Putting Bobby Wood's historic 2. Bundesliga season in perspective
We are part of The Trust Project What is it?
Further reading: 2.Bundesliga leading-scorers history
- Rouwen Hennings (age 27): Scored 17 goals for Karlsruhe, then moved to Burnley (English Championship), where he has just one goal thus far this season.
- Simon Terrod (age 27): Scored 16 goals for Bochum and remained with the club for 2015/16 where he currently has 19 goals on the season.
- Florian Niederlechner (age 24): Scored 15 goals for Heidenheim, then moved to Mainz in the Bundesliga. He failed to score a goal in 12 appearances in the first half of the 2015/16 season and was then loaned back to the 2.Bundesliga with Freiburg. He has done well with six goals in 10 games for Freiburg.
Bobby Wood this season: 17 goals
- Jakub Sylvester (age 25): Scored 16 goals for Aue and then moved within the 2.Bundesliga to FC Nurnberg. He scored only nine goals in 2014/15 and then just one more so far in the current season.
- Mahir Saglik (age 31): Scored 15 goals for Paderborn and remained with the club as it was promoted to the Bundesliga. He scored just two goals the following season as it was relegated. He is still with Paderborn in the 2.Bundesliga and has just two goals in the current season.
- Dominik Kumbela (age 29): Scored 19 goals for Eintracht Braunschweig but remained with the club after it was promoted to the Bundesliga. He scored 9 Bundesliga goals in 2013/14 before moving to Turkey. He eventually returned to Braunschweig and has one goal in the current season.
- Daniel Ginczek (age 23): Scored 18 goals for St. Paul and then moved to the Bundesliga with Nurnberg. He scored 3 goals for FCN in 2013/14 before moving within the Bundesliga to Stuttgart. He had 7 goals for Stuttgart in 2014/15 and 3 goals in the current season.
- Ronny (age 26): Scored 18 goals for Hertha Berlin and remained with the club as it was promoted to the Bundesliga. He scored 4 goals for Hertha in 2013/14, 3 goals in 2014/15, but is yet to score in 2015/16
- Mohammadou Idrissou (age 33): Scored 17 goals for Kaiserslautern and remained with the club in the 2.Bundesliga. He scored 13 goals for FCK in 2013/14 but left after the season for clubs in Israel and Macedonia where he is yet to score in either.
- Boubacar Sonogo (age 30): Scored 15 goals for Energie Cottbus and remained with the club in the 2.Bundesliga. He scored 10 goals for Cottbus in 2013/14 before leaving for clubs in Algeria and India.
- Alexander Meier (age 29): Scored 17 goals for Eintracht Frankfurt and remained with the club as it was promoted to the Bundesliga. He is still with the club to this day in Germany’s top flight scoring 16 goals in 2012/13, 8 goals in 2013/14, 19 goals in 2014/15, and 12 so far in 2015/16.
- Oliver Occean (age 30): Scored 17 goals for Greuther Furth before and then moved to the Bundesliga with Eintracht Frankfurt. He scored just one goal in 2012/13. His career eventually picked up in 2015 when moving to Norway’s top flight where he scored 15 goals that year for Odd.
- Nick Proschwitz (age 25): Scored 17 goals for Paderborn and moved to Hull City in the English Championship. He scored just three goals in 2012/13 where Hull was promoted.