Opta's 11 most interesting facts of the MLS weekend: FC Dallas unbeatable at home
We are part of The Trust Project What is it?
- Vancouver is unbeaten in each of its six all-time MLS meetings with the New York Red Bulls (3W 3D). New York has scored exactly one goal in all six matches.
- New York is unbeaten in nine consecutive MLS matches (4W 5D), which is a streak that began on July 10, 2016. Not counting MLS shootout results (1996-99), the Red Bulls have never gone unbeaten in 10-or-more straight MLS matches.
- The Revolution has not recorded a goal in 362 consecutive minutes of MLS play dating back to a Teal Bunbury score in the 88’ of a 1-4 road loss to Toronto FC on Aug. 6. New England has never gone five consecutive overall MLS matches without scoring a goal.
- New England’s Lee Nguyen is ranked third in MLS 2016 in total chances created with 62. Only the New York Red Bulls’ Sacha Kljestan (88) and Portland’s Diego Valeri (79) have created more chances than Nguyen this season.
- Chicago is unbeaten in eight straight MLS home matches (3W 5D), its longest such stretch since going 10 consecutive home contests without a loss from July 2-Oct. 24, 2014 (3W 7D). The Fire is coming off a 2-6 road loss to D.C. United on August 27, which is the second time in franchise history the club has conceded six goals in a MLS match (2-6 loss to Columbus on Oct. 26, 2003).
- Philadelphia’s Keegan Rosenberry is ranked second in MLS 2016 in duel success rate amongst players with at least 200 duels this season (60.2 percent).
- FC Dallas is unbeaten in each of its last 18 MLS home matches (14W 4D), which is a streak that began on August 29, 2015. Another home win or draw against Portland will move FC Dallas into sole possession of the sixth-longest home unbeaten streak ever in MLS history. Counting postseason play, the club has lost just once in nine overall all-time home meetings with Portland (5W-1L-3D), which occurred on Oct. 25, 2014 (0-2).
- FC Dallas’ Walker Zimmerman (78.4 percent) and Atiba Harris (72.9 percent) are ranked second and fourth, respectively, in aerial winning percentage amongst all players in MLS 2016 with at least 50 aerials this season.
- Portland’s Diego Valeri tallied two assists in the team’s 4-2 home win over Seattle on Aug. 28. This is Valeri’s first multi-assist game in MLS play since notching three assists in a 3-3 draw with San Jose on Sept. 7, 2014. Overall, this is the eighth time Valeri has tallied two-or-more assists in a regular season MLS match since making his league debut at the start of the 2013 season.
- LA Galaxy’s Sebastian Lletget is completing 84.4 percent of his passes in the opposing half this season, the fifth-best percentage amongst the 66 players in MLS 2016 with at least 500 such passes attempted.
- Columbus’ Federico Higuain is ranked seventh in MLS 2016 in chances created/90 min amongst the 37 players with at least 30 chances created this season (2.8).