Video Stars: The week's splendid goals & silly stuff-ups
Welcome back, one and all, to Video Stars. Are you primed and ready for some more stupendous strikes and stupid stuff-ups from the weekÃ¢ÂÂs football action?
We hope so...
But before we dive right into our top six goals of the week, take a look at these bench-warmers who didnÃ¢ÂÂt quite make our starting XI.
WeÃ¢ÂÂll start in Holland at AZ where Nick van der Velden added the icing to a 4-1 win-shaped cake over ADO Den Haag with this cheeky chip. Tasty.
Elsewhere in Holland, NEC were going through one of those pesky goal droughts, having not scored for five weeks, before John Goossens rattled in this left-footed 25-yarder in a 1-1 draw against Twente.
Mark-Jan Fledderus of Heracles netted a splendid left-footed free-kick in a 1-1 draw with Heerenveen.
Oh Vienna! To Austria we go now, where Veli Kavlak blasted home this beauty from 30-yards for Rapid Vienna against Karnten.
Meanwhile Somen Tchoyi drifted inside, beat his man and larruped home from 20 yards for Red Bull Salzburg's third against Austria Vienna.
After a shaky spell, Barca now appear to have overcome their collywobbles and are back to winning ways. Here, Eto'o and Xavi combine to score the only goal at Valladolid.
And also in Spain, Espanyol totem Ivan de la Pena rolled back the years with a run and lash for their second in a 3-1 win against Deportivo.
GOALS OF THE WEEK
But enough of those also-rans. Here, in alphabetical order, is our top six from the week that was.
1. In his first season at Arsenal, Emmanuel Adebayor was all athleticism and no end product. Arsene Wenger had faith though, and rightly so judging by his spectacular bicycle kick to level against Villarreal on Tuesday night.
Adebicycle kick VIDEO HERE
2. ThereÃ¢ÂÂs nothing like a perfectly-struck long range effort to make a goalkeeper look like a fool. Morgan AmalfitanoÃ¢ÂÂs 40 yarder for LorientÃ¢ÂÂs third against Grenoble was a textbook example.
Morgan goes long VIDEO HERE
3. Bayern Munich were already being humbled 4-1 by Bundesliga leaders Wolfsburg before Brazilian forward Grafite dribbled through the Bayern defence and back-heeled home to complete a 5-1 rout. Ouch.
Grafite embarrasses Bayern VIDEO HERE
4. Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuain took Malaga on all by himself to seal a 1-0 win last Saturday.
Gonzo goes it alone VIDEO HERE
5. Is there room on that Federico Macheda bandwagon for us? In case youÃ¢ÂÂve been living in a cave, Manchester UnitedÃ¢ÂÂs young Italian scored a late winner against Aston Villa on Sunday with this cool turn and curled shot.
Mach sticks knife in Villa VIDEO HERE
6. Marcos Senna puts Villarreal 1-0 up against Arsenal on Tuesday with this beautifully struck shot from 30 yards.
Senna sinks a long-ranger VIDEO HERE
Of course, football is not all 30-yard Hollywood goals or dramatic last minute winners. ThereÃ¢ÂÂs plenty of rubbish being served up every week as well.
Jose MourinhoÃ¢ÂÂs Inter won 1-0 at Udinese but, unable to actually find the net themselves they had to get the opposition to score for them. Mauricio Isla duly obliged.
ChievoÃ¢ÂÂs Not-so-super Mario Yepes, aptly, lived up to the clubÃ¢ÂÂs Flying Donkeys nickname by adding the crucial touch to gift Juventus an equaliser in a 3-3 draw.
While over in Spain, DeporÃ¢ÂÂs Alberto Lopo was the fall guy after he bulged his own net with this hilariously athletic attempted clearance. Oh dear.
And finally, FC Porto did themselves proud with a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford on Tuesday night. But it could have been even better had Bruno Alves looked before he tried a casual backpass. Rooney, lurking menacingly, made him pay.