Cabinda to still host Nations Cup

CABINDA, Angola - African Nations Cup matches will be played in Cabinda despite Friday's attack on the Togo team bus in the province, organisers CAF said.

"After an extraordinary meeting at the airport of Cabinda, the (CAF) president and the members of the executive committee present have decided in perfect coordination with the Angolan authorities to maintain the matches of Group B in Cabinda," CAF said in a statement on Saturday.

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) said it would understand if Togo, who have been drawn in Group B, decided to leave the tournament after three people were killed by gunmen in the attack as the team were travelling to the finals.

A Togolese minister said earlier on Saturday the government had decided to pull the national team out of the tournament.

The other three teams in the group - Ghana, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso - confirmed they would take part in the finals.

Cabinda is scheduled to host six group games - five in Group B and one Group A game between Mali and Malawi - as well as one of the quarter-finals on January 24.

A CAF spokesman said the tournament would kick off as planned with hosts Angola playing Mali in Luanda on Sunday.

NEWS: Togo goalkeeper serious but stable NEWS: Minister - Togo pull out of Nations Cup NEWS: Manchester City - Adebayor coming home NEWS: Adebayor - Togo may quit Nations Cup NEWS: Togo to consult players over pullout NEWS: Ivory Coast - No plans to quit tournament NEWS: Organiser - Teams told not to travel by road NEWS: Blatter - FIFA has confidence in Africa NEWS: Jordaan - Gun attack will not affect World Cup NEWS: African chief seeks Angola security assurances NEWS: Two of Togo delegation die after ambush NEWS: Wenger - Nations Cup should continue NEWS: Nations Cup to continue despite Togo bus attack NEWS: Togo team bus machine-gunned by rebel soldiers NEWS: One killed, nine wounded in Togo bus attack NEWS: FIFA expresses sympathy for Togo team NEWS: Clubs seek assurances over players in Angola NEWS: Angola condemns Togo team attack

Follow the story as it develops on FFT's Twitter feed FFT's Africa Cup of Nations news section