Terms and conditions for competition to win Sky+HD box, a year's subscription to Sky Sports and SureMen Sport Defence
1. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, BSkyB or Unilever, their families, agents, affiliates or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Proof of age may be required.
2. Closing date for receipt of entries: October 1 2010. The Prize: winners will each receive: A Sky+HD box and standard installation and a one year subscription to Sky’s top entertainment package (Sky World) and the HD Pack. If you are a winner, you will be required to enter into three subscription contracts (one Sky digital, one Sky+ and one Sky+HD subscription contract for the minimum term of 12 months). After your 12 months’ free viewing, standard subscription charges will apply. Unless you change your package you will pay the prevailing price for Sky World (£48.50 per month).
Other Sky TV packages available (ranging from £18- £48.50 per month). Sky+ subscription is free while you subscribe to Sky TV (otherwise £10 per month) and is required to use the Personal Video Recorder features of the Sky+HD box. Sky+HD requires Sky TV, a Sky+HD box and the HD Pack (an extra £10 per month). If you have the standard definition Sky Sports or Sky Movies channel in your package you will receive the high definition version of that channel if available in the HDPack. The channels you receive with your HD Pack depend on your Sky TV package.
You must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom. You will need Sky+HD professionally installed even if you already have a minidish. Extra costs apply for non-standard installation. You must keep your Sky+HD box connected to a fixed and operational telephone line for the minimum term of 12 months. If you need a minidish you are responsible for obtaining all consents required (e.g. landlord’s) before installation. Sky Box Office Movies, Stand-alone Premium Channels and pay-per-view services and events are not included in the Prize and must be paid for separately.
Prices, programmes/channels subject to change. Existing Sky digital customers will receive a free Sky World subscription, Sky+ subscription and Sky+HD subscription for 12 months. Multiroom is not included in the prize. Sky will contact the winner to arrange installation of the winner’s prize. Winners must redeem their prize within one year, failure to process your installation application within this time period could result in loss of prize.
Sky will not be responsible for delay caused by third parties. Sky may refuse entry or withdraw the prize if you or anyone you authorise to deal with your entry acts in a way towards staff of Sky or the Promoter which Sky reasonably considers to be inappropriate. Further terms and conditions apply. Correct at time of print (June 4 2010)
3. Three winners will be selected at random by an independent person, from all correct and eligible entries received on www.fourfourtwo.com. The winner will be notified by telephone within 28 days of the closing date. They must claim their prize within 28 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse & the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
4. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
5. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
6. The winners may be required to participate in publicity arising from this Promotion. The name, county and photograph of the winners may be used by the Promoter and its associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The winners agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
7. With regards to data protection, in addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this promotion.
8. Details of the prize winners’ first name and county will be available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
9. By entering the Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted & be bound by the rules & consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion & any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
10. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter or Sky staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
11. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
12. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.comments