MADRID - Real Madrid will take their bid to register new signings Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Lassana Diarra for the Champions League to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), their new president said on Tuesday.
UEFA's appeals body said last week the Spanish club's bid to register the pair, who have already competed in UEFA competition this season with their previous clubs, had been rejected.
UEFA regulations say clubs can register as many as three new players for the knockout rounds by Feb. 1 but only one who has already played this season in Europe with another club.
Asked in an interview with Cadena Ser radio if Real would appeal the UEFA ruling at CAS, Real President Vicente Boluda said: "Yes. Because the club members will demand of us that we do everything possible for Madrid to the end."
Real have been drawn against Liverpool in the last 16, with home and away legs on February 25 and March 10.