Toffees snub Lescott transfer request

Everton have rejected a formal transfer request from England defender Joleon Lescott, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.

"I have always said that we are not selling any players and that hasn't changed," Everton manager David Moyes told the club website.

Cash-rich Manchester City have long been been linked with the Toffees' stopper, with the Blues having already seen bids of £15 million and £18 million turned down, with a third and final offer of £20 million believed to be in the offing.

The 26-year-old, who arrived from Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2006, has made more than 100 Premier League appearances for the Toffees, scoring 14 goals.

And the lynchpin's rock-solid form has helped the club qualify for Europe on three occasions during his tenure at Goodison Park, as well as reaching last season's FA Cup final.

Moyes - speaking to shareholders at a fans' forum last month - was adament that no one at the club, including Lescott who has won seven caps for England, was for sale, saying:

"I have already said there will be no players sold at Everton and I do not feel I need to say any more.

"The board have never sold a player from me, it will only be at my discretion."

NEWS: Everton reject new Blues bid
NEWS: Toffees turn down Blues bid for Lescott
NEWS: Manchester City bid for lynchpin Lescott
NEWS: Moyes - Lescott going no where

EVERTON FANS! Check FourFourTwo.com’s ever-expanding interviews archive for more stuff to read:
Perfect XI Graeme Sharp
What Happened Next? Norman Whiteside

Plus Graeme Sharp on Weekend Wonders and Everton on Talentspotter

CITY FANS! Check FourFourTwo.com’s ever-expanding interviews archive for more stuff to read:
One on One Sven Goran Eriksson
Web Exclusives Joe Corrigan
Q&A Robinho
Boy's A Bit Special Michael Johnson
Ask A Silly Question Peter Reid, Alan Ball
What Happened Next? Jim Whitley, Tony Cunningham
Sing When You’re Winning David Threlfall

Plus Joe Corrigan on Weekend Wonders and City on Talentspotter