Skip to main content

Conte slams claims he knew about match-fixing

"I don't have much to say. I've read that there's an investigation, I'm very calm and I have faith in the institutions, who are just trying to do their jobs," he told a news conference on Saturday ahead of Juve's clash with AS Roma on Sunday.

"No-one has called me, but when and if they do, it will be my pleasure to see them and answer their questions.

"If anyone is looking to destabilise us, they'll find it hard to do. It will only make us more determined."

Several Italian newspapers - including the Gazzetta Dello Sport and La Repubblica - reported on Saturday that Conte knew about the alleged rigging of last season's Serie B match between Novara and Siena, which finished 2-2.

Reports said former Siena midfielder Filippo Carobbio, who played under Conte, told investigators that after the players agreed to fix the match they went to their manager to inform him.

Conte is not under investigation but several Siena matches that took place during his reign are part of a wide-ranging probe across the leagues into Italy's latest football corruption scandal.

His Juventus side, who are unbeaten in Serie A so far this season, lead AC Milan as they chase their first scudetto since a 2006 demotion for match-fixing.