Dortmund: Subotic not for sale
Reports on Sunday suggested big-spending City were lining up a £20 million bid for the highly-rated youngster as Mark Hughes looks set to bolster his squad during the January transfer window.
Hughes splashed out around £40 million to sign Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott during the close-season, and it appears the 20-year-old could be next on the Blues’ wish-list.
However, Dortmund manager Hans-Joachim Watzke insisted that Subotic will not be going anywhere.
“They could easily make us this offer if they would like to,” he said.
“But we are staying firm to our vow – Neven Subotic is not for sale.”
Subotic has reportedly attracted interest from AC Milan and Barcelona as well as the aforementioned Premier League quintet, but the defender quelled speculation by signing a new five-year deal in the summer.
And the Serbian – who has featured in every one of Dortmund’s league outings so far this term – admits he is determined to honour his contract and remain in the Bundesliga.
“It is a big honour if such a big club is attempting to sign me, but I am under contract until June 2014 at Borussia Dortmund and still want to achieve many things with this club,” he told Bild.