Hatton laments Adebayor ban
The Togolese target-man has netted in all four of the Blues' Premier League outings so far this season, against Blackburn, Wolves, Portsmouth and Arsenal.
However, the former Gunners' goal-getter was charged by the FA on Tuesday after appearing to stamp on Robin van Persie's face during the Eastlands encounter last weekend, and is expected to be handed a three match ban for violent conduct.
And with fellow forwards Carlos Tevez, Robinho and Roque Santa Cruz struggling with injury, two-time IBF and IBO light welterweight champion Hatton admitted the loss of Adebayor is a bodyblow ahead of the much-anticipated meeting with Manchester United this Sunday.
“That is a little bit heartbreaking. Adebayor has scored in every game and looked like an absolute world beater,” he said.
“Him and Craig Bellamy have really hit it off but sadly he won’t be making the trip to Old Trafford. You know, that is a disappointment.
“We’ve not just been playing great with Adebayor up front, we’re playing great across the board. I think the blue half of Manchester are very much looking forward to Sunday."
However, the former WBC, WBA and WBO Inter-Continental Light Welterweight Champion conceded that the striker's actions were out of order.
"Obviously he was a bit naughty when he went over to the Arsenal fans," he said.
"Certainly you can't go over to the away supporters and wind them up like that and he had a few little naughty tackles.
"But when you are playing your former club it can get heated, can't it?
"He is probably a frustrated man, and tempers were very heated, but there's still really no excuse."