Oldham winding-up petition dismissed after HMRC debt cleared
The best features, fun and footballing quizzes, straight to your inbox every week.
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Five times a week
FourFourTwo Daily
Fantastic football content straight to your inbox! From the latest transfer news, quizzes, videos, features and interviews with the biggest names in the game, plus lots more.
Once a week
...And it’s LIVE!
Sign up to our FREE live football newsletter, tracking all of the biggest games available to watch on the device of your choice. Never miss a kick-off!
Join the club
Get full access to premium articles, exclusive features and a growing list of member rewards.
A judge has dismissed a bid by tax officials to wind up League Two side Oldham.
Judge Sally Barber dismissed an application by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) on Wednesday after being told that a debt had been cleared.
The judge considered the application at a virtual hearing in the specialist Insolvency and Companies Court.
Barrister Jessica Powers, who represented the HMRC, told the judge that money had been paid but gave no indication how much the club had owed.
Two weeks ago, Judge Barber gave Macclesfield in the same division more time to clear debts following a winding-up bid by tax officials.
The judge said Macclesfield’s case would be reconsidered on September 9.
The best features, fun and footballing quizzes, straight to your inbox every week.
