Tevez given deadline for Shanghai return
Shanghai Shenhua have told Carlos Tevez to report back to China by December 26.
The best features, fun and footballing quizzes, straight to your inbox every week.
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Five times a week
FourFourTwo Daily
Fantastic football content straight to your inbox! From the latest transfer news, quizzes, videos, features and interviews with the biggest names in the game, plus lots more.
Once a week
...And it’s LIVE!
Sign up to our FREE live football newsletter, tracking all of the biggest games available to watch on the device of your choice. Never miss a kick-off!
Join the club
Get full access to premium articles, exclusive features and a growing list of member rewards.
Carlos Tevez has been told to return to Shanghai Shenhua by December 26 if he is to remain part of the Chinese Super League side's squad.
Tevez left boyhood club Boca Juniors for Shanghai late last year, signing a deal that reportedly came with a weekly salary of £615,000.
His first CSL campaign failed to live up to the hype, though, amid weight and form issues, Tevez scoring just four goals in 16 appearances.
The 33-year-old was subsequently left out of the Chinese FA Cup final squad, and returned to Argentina for treatment on a calf injury.
He has yet to return to Shanghai, though, as speculation mounts he could be on the move once again.
"We have informed him [Tevez] that he would have to return to the squad on December 26," a club spokesman said.
"But whether he will come back or not, it depends on his own decision."
The best features, fun and footballing quizzes, straight to your inbox every week.
