Aston Villa v Newcastle United live stream and match preview, Saturday April 15, 12.30pm BST
Aston Villa v Newcastle United live stream and match preview
Looking for a Aston Villa v Newcastle United live stream? We've got you covered. Aston Villa v Newcastle United is on BT Sport in the UK. In the UK from abroad? Use a VPN to watch the Premier League with your subscription from anywhere.
Two of the Premier League’s form sides go head-to-head when Aston Villa host Newcastle United in a battle between two sides seeking European qualification.
Villa are on a four-match winning run and are unbeaten in seven, a streak that has propelled Unai Emery’s side into the top six.
Newcastle, meanwhile, have won their last five league games and sit in third with a three-point cushion and a game in hand over fifth-placed Tottenham in the top-four race.
The Magpies will have fond recent memories of this fixture; they thumped Villa 4-0 at St. James’ Park back in October in their first meeting of the season.
Kick-off is at 12.30pm BST. Make sure you know how to watch the Premier League wherever you are.
Unai Emery has named the following Aston Villa starting 11: (4-2-2-2) Emi Martinez; Ashley Young, Ezri Konsa, Tyrone Mings, Alex Moreno; John McGinn (captain), Douglas Luiz; Jacob Ramsey, Leander Dendoncker; Ollie Watkins, Emi Buendia
Eddie Howe has selected the following Newcastle starting 11: (4-3-3) Nick Pope; Kieran Trippier (captain), Fabian Schar, Sven Botman, Dan Burn; Joelinton, Bruno Guimaraes, Joe Willock; Jacob Murphy, Alexander Isak, Anthony Gordon
Aston Villa: WWWWD
John Brooks is the referee for Aston Villa v Newcastle United.
Aston Villa v Newcastle United will be played at Villa Park in Birmingham
Kick-off and channel
Aston Villa v Newcastle United is on BT Sport 1 in the UK. It kicks off at 12.30pm BST.
Use a VPN to watch Premier League football from outside your country
If you’re out of the country for a Premier League fixture, then you won't be able to watch on your domestic streaming service as usual. The broadcaster knows where you are because of your IP address (boo!) and blocks you from watching it. You can use a VPN to get around that, though, without resorting to illegal feeds you’ve found on Reddit.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN), assuming it complies with your broadcaster’s T&Cs, creates a private connection between your device and t'internet, meaning the service can’t work out where you are and will let you watch. And all the info going between is entirely encrypted, anonymous and safe – and that's a result.
There are plenty of good-value options out there. For the Premier League, FourFourTwo currently recommends:
ExpressVPN including a 30-day, money-back guarantee
FourFourTwo’s brainy office mates TechRadar love its super speedy connections, trustworthy security and the fact it works with Android, Apple, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, PS5 and loads more. You also get a money-back guarantee, 24/7 support and it's currently available for a knockdown price. Go get it!
International Premier League TV rights
• UK: Sky Sports and BT Sport are the two main players once again, but Amazon also have a slice of the pie in 2022/23.
• USA: NBC Sports Group are the Premier League rights holders, with the Peacock Premium streaming platform showing even more than the 175 games it aired last season. If you pick up a fuboTV subscription for the games not on Peacock Premium, you'll be able to watch every game.
• Canada: The way to watch Premier League football in 2022/23 is fuboTV, which has exclusive rights to all the action.
• Australia: Optus Sport will screen every game of the Premier League season. Non-subscribers can access the action via a Fetch TV box and other friendly streaming devices.
• New Zealand: Sky Sport are serving up all 380 games – plus various highlights and magazine shows throughout the week, as well as the Champions League.
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1