Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson expects his squad to be “picked apart” after their late push for a top-six place.
Striker Curtis Main is interesting Aberdeen but could return south while reports earlier this week claimed several English Championship clubs were tracking midfielder Alex Gorrin.
Winger Jake Hastie is in demand after netting seven goals in 15 games since returning from a loan stint at Alloa, while 16-year-old Stuart McKinstry has agreed a move to Leeds before playing for the first team.
Motherwell have Tom Aldred, Gboly Ariyibi, Conor Sammon and the injured Ross McCormack on loan while the likes of Gorrin, Main, Hastie, Chris Cadden and Elliott Frear are nearing the end of their contracts.
Midweek results ensured Motherwell will finish in the Ladbrokes Premiership bottom six but Robinson expects his players to use Sunday’s televised visit of Rangers to display their talents on a wider arena.
“The pressure we have is the standards we have set since Christmas,” said Robinson, whose team have won eight of their last 12 league games.
“It’s an opportunity for people to go out and show what a good team they are, what good players they are. We’re a football club that unfortunately people come and take our players. It’s always a shop window.
“We must be doing something right, everyone keeps coming to take our players.”
However, Robinson admits it is frustrating to see so many of his squad leave.
“I’ve no doubt (the squad) will get picked apart,” he said. “That’s the level that we are at the moment.
“We lost eight players from getting to two cup finals with injuries and players going away.
“If people are looking at our young players and players that they maybe weren’t brave enough to take in the first place then we’re doing something very right.
“And we will do it again, we will work very hard and do our very best. It’s frustrating for a manager, believe me, when you think you’ve built a really good squad and if you add a couple more you can maybe really challenge.
“So it is frustrating and it’s difficult. But by no means will be thinking it’s all over. We go again, we have already signed a couple of players and every Tuesday and Wednesday we are down looking in the lower leagues in England.
“We will bring more players in next season and try and progress. We have a brilliant recruitment team and we will go again.
“We have offered contracts to four boys and a couple of verbal offers as well, and nobody is rushing through the door to sign them, because financially we are not going to change anybody’s lives.
“But what you have to look at as a player is are you going to play football, are you going to be exposed in the right way to benefit your career?
“Perhaps some of them might sign. It’s still ongoing and we will remain positive and keep battling away to try and get signatures.”
Get the best features, fun and footballing frolics straight to your inbox every week.
Thank you for signing up to Four Four Two. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.