Neymar transfer talks are “more advanced than before”, according to Paris St Germain sporting director Leonardo.
The Brazil star is said to be unsettled in France and has been linked with Barcelona and Real Madrid this summer.
“Talks are more advanced than before,” Leonardo was quoted as saying by French newspaper L’Equipe.
Leonardo refused to specify about the progress of the negotiations.
But he said his fellow Brazilian would not be involved in PSG’s opening Ligue 1 match at home to Nimes on Sunday.
Leonardo said in July that PSG had been engaged in “superficial” contact with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu about a move for Neymar, who left the Nou Camp for a world-record fee of £200million in 2017.
Since then, Real Madrid have also reportedly entered talks to sign the 27-year-old forward, with even talk of a one-year loan deal at the Bernabeu being mooted.
Get the best features, fun and footballing frolics straight to your inbox every week.
Thank you for signing up to Four Four Two. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.