Assault charge against Gerrard dropped
Company director Marcus McGee, 34, required hospital treatment after receiving facial injuries in the incident.
At North Sefton magistrates court on Friday, Gerrard, 28, was told he would no longer face a charge of assault occasioning bodily harm, the Press Association reported.
Prosecutor Nick Evans said after a review of the evidence it had been decided that Gerrard and the other six men accused of involvement in the brawl would only face lesser charges of affray.
The case was committed to Liverpool Crown Court for a hearing on April 3. Gerrard has not yet formally entered a plea but has said he intends to deny wrongdoing.
The incident occurred following Gerrard's man-of-the-match performance in a 5-1 win over Newcastle United in which he had scored twice.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has said the club are fully behind Gerrard whose court appearance comes the day before a Premier League game against Aston Villa.
LIVERPOOL FANS! Check FourFourTwo.com’s ever-expanding interviews archive for more stuff to read:
Web Exclusives Ian Rush, Craig Johnston
Q&A Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres
One on One Michael Owen, Nicolas Anelka, Kevin Keegan
Boy's A Bit Special Danny Guthrie
Ask A Silly Question John Barnes, Peter Crouch, Luis Garcia, John Aldridge
Perfect XI Jamie Carragher
What Happened Next? Julian Dicks
And Another Thing Being a Big Four fan
Plus! Rate Liverpool players (and others) on Talentspotter