Bayern Munich striker Luca Toni continues to edge nearer to a January move away from the Allianz Arena, after revealing his disappointment at being omitted from the squad for Wednesday's Champions League tie against Juventus.
The 32-year-old has netted 38 league goals in just 56 outings for the German giants since arriving in 2007, having bagged 47 and 50 league goals for previous clubs Fiorentina and Palermo respectively.
The prolific forward - who has been recovering from Achilles problems - was thought to be concerned about his first-team opportunities at the club during pre-season following the arrival of new coach Louis van Gaal and strikers Mario Gomez and Ivica Olic.
And it led to the Italian issuing the Bundesliga giants an ultimatum, insisting he will seek a move away during the January transfer window if his services are not utilised sufficiently in the meantime.
Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham were both linked with a move for the front-man earlier this summer, while Roma were also tipped to take the forward back to his homeland.
And the trio's hopes of grabbing the goal-getter continue to increase, after he revealed his frustration at not being handed the opportunity to impress in this week's European tie.
“The coach has told me that he is not calling me up because he wants to wait for me to hit top form,” he said in La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“I feel fine and I am really disappointed at missing out. I truly wanted people to have a look at me against Juventus.
"Van Gaal says I need to have a full game in my legs in order to get back into the side, so next Saturday is also out of the question.
“He would like for me to play again for the reserve team."comments