QPR 0-1 Southampton: Which unwanted record has Joey Barton now equalled?
Sadio Mane left it late to pile more misery on managerless QPR and keep the Saints in contention for a top four finish. The R's, who saw manager Harry Redknapp resign from his post earlier in the week citing the need for knee surgery, remain in the relegation zone after a fourth straight defeat.
Ronald Koeman's men lost young left-back Matt Targett - deputising for the banned Ryan Bertrand - to a 20th-minute head injury, but still looked set to take a point back to St Mary's until Mane's late heroics.
The Senegalese speedster, back from Africa Cup of Nations duty, fired off 7 attempts, made 8 ball recoveries and was the most fouled player (5) before scoring his fourth goal in as many starts.
- 7 of the last 10 meetings between these two sides have resulted in away wins.
- Southampton have now won 4 consecutive Premier League away games for the first time ever.
- Koeman’s side have netted in 7 of their last 8 Premier League games.
- QPR are without a win in 7 Premier League games, drawing 2 and losing 5.
- The Hoops have netted a total of just 4 goals in their last 7 league games.
- Joey Barton has now been booked in 6 consecutive Premier League games, equalling the record held by both Ciaran Clark and Cheick Tioté.