Premier League Previews: Quaresma set for debut
LONDON, Feb 6 (Reuters) - Brief news before this weekend's Premier League matches (times GMT:)
* Arsenal's new midfielder Andrei Arshavin could make Arsene Wenger's squad for Sunday's short trip across north London to rivals Tottenham Hotspur (1330).
"I will see what kind of shape he (Arshavin) is in tomorrow to see if he will be involved in the squad or not. We are not in a hurry with him," Wenger told the club website (www.arsenal.com).
Midfielder Emmanuel Eboue is also fit for Arsenal but Abou Diaby, Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott and Tomas Rosicky are all still injured, while Spurs welcome striker Robbie Keane back following an ill-fated transfer to Liverpool.
* Liverpool will be without influential captain Steven Gerrard (hamstring) and the suspended Lucas for Saturday's trip to struggling Portsmouth (1730).
Portsmouth manager Tony Adams could award debuts to Greek midfielder Angelos Basinas and striker Theofanis Gekas, but on-loan Jermaine Pennant is ineligible to play against his parent club.
* Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is out with a back injury but new midfielder Ricardo Quaresma, a loan signing from Inter Milan, could make his debut on Saturday (1500) against a Hull City side who have defender Bernard Mendy suspended.
* Newcastle United trio Alan Smith (leg and ankle), Mark Viduka and Obafemi Martins (both groin) return from injuries for Saturday's trip to bottom club West Bromwich Albion (1500).
New signings Ryan Taylor, Kevin Nolan and Peter Lovenkrands are also fit, but midfielder Jonas Gutierrez is suspended.
West Brom striker Jay Simpson (hamstring) and midfielder Robert Koren (calf) are struggling to be fit, while defender Gianni Zuiverloon is suspended.
* Manchester United could have striker Wayne Rooney and defender Patrice Evra on the bench for Sunday's trip to West Ham United (1600) but Gary Neville misses out through illness.
* Manchester City could give new goalkeeper Shay Given his debut on Saturday (1245) at home to Middlesbrough who welcome back midfield duo Didier Digard and Gary O'Neil from suspensions.
* Defender Anton Ferdinand is unfit but new loan signings Tal Ben-Haim and Calum Davenport could make their debuts in Sunderland's defence at home to Stoke City on Saturday (1500).
* Everton will give new Brazilian striker Jo his debut at home to Bolton Wanderers on Saturday (1500), following his loan move from rivals Manchester City.
* Fulham could give debuts to midfielders Olivier Dacourt and Giles Barnes for Saturday's trip to a Wigan Athletic side which may include new signing Charles N'Zogbia (1500).
(Reporting by Neil Maidment; Editing by Clare Fallon)